... a Wordpress Plugin
The text widget that comes with Wordpress is one of the its most useful features because of its power and flexibility. It admits HTML code but it is not very comfortable to code in that small box, so that is the reason because some WYSIWYG widgets were created some later, you can add images, and format the text easily.
But that pieces of our sites are intended to change some often, and it would be nice to have revisions of them, or upload images just for them, use shorcodes... cutting the story short, to handle widgets as they were posts.
Widget Entries plugin creates the Widget post-type in the administration area to make easier the edition of the text widgets, and also register a new widget to import the widget entries easily.
This way of working has many advantages:
- You can format your widget with the Wordpress editor.
- You can upload images directly to be shown in your widgets.
- You can have widgets draft
- You can use shortcodes inside your widget
- You can get back to a previous version of your widgets thanks to the revision feature.
- You can export your widgets contents.
And you have more benefits like using php scripts inside the widgets.
Do you want to get all these features for your widgets in your Wordpress?
(Soon on wp repositories)
If you like the plugin and want to support its further development, donations are accepted!
Here you have some screenshots from the plugin.